Sunday, March 29, 2009

What books have you read this year that are really good books?


What books have you read this year that are really good books?

21 comments:

  1. I have read many great books and many terrible books.
    Great, Worthwhile Book List
    1.Runnung Out Of Time
    2.Sheep
    3.Surviving Antarctica: Reality T.V 2083
    4.Emmy and The Incredible Shrinking Rat

    Terrible, Stupid, Not-Worthwhile Book List
    1. The Seems Glitch In Sleep

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your BAD book list! My favorite is......well duh BREAKING DAWN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting analysis of novels. What aspects of these novels made you feel this way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I've never read that book, but I didn't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the author confused me a LOT! I didn't really understand. I think the author needed more details and explanation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought Things Not Seen was a really good book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought that Among the Hidden was an awesome book!!!!!! I read all of the books in the series. That is a cool and interesting book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah me too Sierra. I LOVED all of the books in that series!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My recommended books are:

    Among the Hidden (whole series)
    Twilight(whole series)

    Many more too! I'll blog later!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read very few novels that are age and grade level appropriate but here are my favorite novels of all time. For the record, I am NOT saying to read these novels!!! I am merely sharing my thoughts.

    1. The Godfather by Mario Puzo...This was the novel that inspired me to love reading. I did not read it until high school; until that point, I was not a reader. I had read novels that I enjoyed, but it was rare for me to get lost in a book.

    2. The Giver by Lois Lowry...This is one of my favorite books to read and teach. The development AND lack of development of characters within this society make the plot of this novel jump out to me. I felt very connected with the main character because of the societal and personal conflicts he embraced.

    3. A Separate Peace by John Knowles....I read this novel in my sophomore English class with one of the most inspiring teachers and people I have met in my short existence, Mr. Don Case. When I read this novel, there were parts of me that wanted to jump into the text and reach out to the characters. The dynamics and experiences between the main characters in relationship to their friendship as well as the influences of the setting created emotional connections within me. There were times when I was joyful, depressed, furious, perplexed, and motivated. This novel is clever and well written.

    ReplyDelete
  11. See, the characteristics you talk about in those books I just didn't see in the Seems. That is the only reason I didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss Bailin,
    You should read the Twilight series.
    Those are books that you just CAN"T put down! They are awesome!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sierra,

    I have added Twilight to my list of must reads. If you have a copy of the first one that I sould borrow I can start reading it and get it to you before the end of the semester. Mom was quickly became addicted to it! Once of her students let her borrow her copy. She read th whole series in a week!

    I like how you used my answer to help guide your repsonse. You are someone that needs to feel attached to the characters emotionally. I totally understand that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah I have the Twilight book. Ican give it to you Friday because I am actually reading it for the 4th or 5th time during AIMS. But then I will give it to you to read! You will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry for the errors on my last comment. I am working from my laptop and the keyboard isn't so good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sierra,
    Great blog i just wanna say. But I totally agree with you about Twilight. :-)

    Miss Bailin,
    I own all series of twilight if Sierra your missing a book.


    My favorite book list~
    twilight(All)
    Wrinkle in Time
    So far... I like Among the Hidden as well.


    ~Janiepoo :O)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I didn't really like A Wrinkle in Time. I was another book in whichIcouldn't get attached with the characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gabby,
    What is your list of books?

    Hey guys make sure to tell me the bad books on the thumbs down post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey I know this isn't a book but I saw the new Hannah Montana nd it was radical! Haha. No,seriously it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would say that a good classic is Anne of Green Gables...but I also really liked Life As We Knew It, Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat, A Corner of the Universe...but I've read sooooo many good books!

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg this blog is so old.....we had to make one for school lol :)

    ReplyDelete